Home is where the heart is. But sometimes our houses can leave a lot to be desired, especially if they’re in an off-putting location or they have a cookie-cutter design.
The good news is that a few simple remodels and changes around your house can quickly turn a cookie-cutter home that lacks character into a dream cottage. Here are five changes you can make to your house to give your home those dream cottage vibes.
- Start with your front door. Not a lot of people think about changing their front door when it comes to a remodel. But your front door is the face of your whole house. If you’re going for farmhouse/cottage vibes, consider a front door with a large window and a happy color. It can also help to add a screen door, too.
- Dress up your home with window boxes. Window boxes are one of those staple aesthetics when it comes to small family homes. What’s great about them is that they serve as little gardens so you don’t need to go all-out with your landscaping if you don’t have the greenest of thumbs.
- Install beams on your ceilings. Exposed beams aren’t just popular right now, they’re also a staple to many farmhouse and cottage homes. Consider installing decorative beams on your own ceiling to get that rustic aesthetic.
- Incorporate architectural wood carvings. When it comes to materials you want to work with during your remodel, wood is number one. Go a step further with architectural wood carvings to give your home not just a sense of character but also a sense of history and elegance.
- Get rid of plastic linoleum countertops. Plastic linoleum countertops are those basic, beige countertops that many homes and apartments have because they’re cheap and easy to install. But they can kill your kitchen’s vibe. Consider installing countertops that that feel older like stone, quartz, or marble.
Where can I find architectural wood carvings for my remodel?
Crown moldings were rated as the third most essential decorative feature in a house, according to a study by the National Association of Home Builders. Architectural wood carvings can give you that crown molding you’re looking for.
Enkeboll Designs offers vintage molding, fluted molding, and even cherry wood molding so you can be sure to find a design you love for your remodel. To learn more about our architectural wood carvings or decorative carved moldings, contact Enkeboll Designs today.